L to R: William Minton, Garrett Harold, Rachel Zachariah and Jeanette Anderson
Eligibility of scholarship recipients:
- a WCHS graduating senior
- planning to study at an accredited 2 or 4 year college/university or vocational school
- merit (GPA, SAT, community service) and/or need
Funds come from several sources:
- Donations by check are always welcome. Any time of the year is a good time to help us keep this fund solvent. It receives no funding from the POA. Donation checks should be written to the Skylake Scholarship Fund and delivered to the POA office. If your donation is in memory of Wayne Langford please note that fact on the check.
- The fund also receives any profits from an annual Skylake supper hosted by the Men's Club and Skyladies. One or more pancake breakfasts are hosted to raise funds during the year.
- All profits from the sale of custom engraved bricks for the Skylake Legacy Plaza are used to fund scholarships. Obtain an order form at the Skylake POA office.
The Skylake Scholarship Committee (SSF) consists of nine (9) members:
- The POA Board appoints three Committee members for three year terms.
- The Men's Club appoints three Committee members for three year terms.
- Skyladies appoint three Committee members for three year terms.
- Appointments shall be made at the request of the Committee Chair.
- No person shall serve for more than six consecutive years on the Committee.
- The Committee may elect ex officio members.
Charles Brown, Chair
Steve Bentley, Treasurer
Sara Molchan, Board Liaison
Mary Lu Odom
Craig Inglis ex-officio: Legacy bricks
Skylake Scholarship Fund is now a 501(c)(3) organization. All donations/contributions dated January 1, 2015 and after may be considered tax-deductible.