The purpose of the committee is to promote the sustainability of the Skylake Scholarship
Fund and each year to select deserving college-bound seniors from White County High
School (WCHS) for the award of a college scholarship. The scholarship money is sent directly
to the appropriate college bursar's office when the student first enrolls at the school.
The Skylake Scholarship Committee (SSF) consists of nine (9) members:
- The POA Board appoints three Committee members for three year terms.
- The Men's Club appoints three Committee members for three year terms.
- Skyladies appoint three Committee members for three year terms.
- Appointments shall be made at the request of the Committee Chair.
- No person shall serve for more than six consecutive years on the Committee.
- The Committee may elect ex officio members.
Rob Becker, Vice Chair
Steve Bentley, Treasurer
Mary Lu Odom
Mindy Shay, Chairperson
Jim Smoot, Board Liaison
ex-officio: Legacy bricks